Saturday, August 9, 2008

MAC Autumn Winter Trends

So, I was perusing the MAC Cosmetics webite the other day and noticed they'd added a new page -- Autumn Winter Trends. On this page, there are five different categories (artsy, de-vine, glamorama, honed, and seventease) with four looks per category. I never really understand the description that MAC gives, but I love that they show you how to recreate them. Here are some of my favorites....

Minimalism (Artsy)
Photobucket

According to the MAC website, you can create lips like these either using Snob lipstick or Pervette lipstick. Lucky for me, I just got Pervette a few days ago using Back to MAC. It's a gorgeous color and I really like it. It's a very soft pink with a light touch of lilac. If this is all it takes to look artsy, I'm set!

In Vino Veritas (De-Vine)
Photobucket

How gorgeous are these lips? They used Cherry lipliner and Pink Nouveau lipstick. I don't have either one of those, but I tried to recreate it anyway. I used Magenta lipliner and Creme de la Femme lipstick and it worked out nicely. I also put Funtabulous dazzleglass on top for some extra shine.

Honed to the Bone (Honed)
Photobucket

I love the way this model's eyes look. She looks so natural. The website says that it's Groundwork paint pot, but that might be too dark for my eyes. Either way, this is gorgeous.


You can check out the Autumn Winter trends on the MAC website by clicking here . Let me know what YOUR favorites are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi :) I also love this make-up: "Honed to the bone", and google showed me Your blog when i was trying to find out what kind of cosmetics should i buy to get that look :P
I'm posting this comment because here: http://www.makeupforlife.net/2008_06_01_archive.html
it is said, that it's not Groundwork used in this make up (I also think it is too dark) but Kid Eye Shadow and Medium Dark Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.
I hope this info will maybe help someone :)